Saturday 31 December 2011

SATURDAY 31ST DECEMBER 2011

Mum and Dad very kindly went off to get my car from the garage this morning, they were gone a while as it was over the other side of Birmingham.  It was good to get it back as we will use it to get down to Andrew and Sarah’s this evening.  It was literally a full day of football today and the game on the TV was Man Utd Vs Blackburn, with Blackburn pulling off a surprise victory.

Matt, Andrew, Roachey and Russ were going to be on a high this evening as Villa won at Chelsea, which was a big win, there were some surprise results all round really.  For some reason we are playing tomorrow at West Brom, I would have gone but it is a 12.15pm kick off and I don’t think I’ll be long up by then on New Years Day. 

So Mum and Dad started getting ready for going over to Helen & Jeremy's, the theme being a touch of sparkle.  John and Hil game to pick Mum and Dad up and they loaded the car up and as they were pulling off the drive Matt & Layla arrived, so they had a quick catch up before leaving.  Matt had been making some Balti pies with the pie maker I had bought him for Christmas, which looked amazing and I was taking round some pigs in blankets. 

So we packed my car up with all the food and drink and also my ramps to help me get into Sarah & Andrews house in my buggy and then we set off.  It was really easy to get into the house in my buggy, which was great and their kitchen was a really good space and that’s where we were for the evening.  It was a meaty buffet & Andrew had made a curry.

It was such a good evening, with drink flowing I pulled out of the hardcore drinking and stuck with my Vodka & cokes.  We all downloaded this remote app on our phones, which meant we could add songs to the playlist throughout the night, which was a brilliant idea.  Some shockers were unleashed towards the end of the night.  The spread was amazing with treats from the Indian sweet centre & Matt’s pies and the curry of course.  The countdown was on to midnight and when it finally arrived the old classic was sang, hope you had a good night? HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment