Thursday 29 December 2011

WEDNESDAY 28TH DECEMBER 2011

It was a morning of catching up on Christmas television I had recorded over the last few days.  I woke up feeling a little flat, so it was good to keep my mind occupied, I normally find the days between Christmas and New Year difficult, as I do tend to look forward to things and see them as a target to get to and then once that has been reached until I find another one, I am not very good.  I was however looking forward to New Years eve and New Years day but I didn’t want that to arrive as this would mean the end of the festive period.

Allan & Julie arrived mid afternoon and we had tea & cake and caught up on all the news, Sophie (Allan’s middle of 3 children, our cousins) was now working in Oxford.  This is good news as it may mean we see more of the family, Uncle Allan & Auntie Jan and Emma, Sophie & Alex have lived in Crawley, in Sussex.  Which is long drive from the midlands so hopefully Oxford could be a meeting point.  We don’t see Auntie Jan very often but have seen more of Uncle Allan over recent years with Dad playing golf with him on a few occasions.

Mum laid on a really nice evening meal with leak & potatoes soup to start followed by cold meats and a really nice butternut squash dish, then Christmas pudding & cheese.  Once we had finished our meal Auntie Hill & Uncle John came over to join the four of them for a drink and I retired to my room for Celtic Vs Rangers before I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment