Friday 9 December 2011

FRIDAY 9TH DECEMBER 2011

So we got another step closer today to hopefully getting CHC funding, Chris Tonks was really good today going through my assessment and with the help of Sarah (GP), Val & Lynda (District Nurses) and the 4 of us updated it.  In the assessment we did in March we didn’t really mention much about my brittle bones, so we updated it to reflect the impact this has on my social life as well as the impact this has on my other medical requirements.
There were 10 of us in the dining room this morning and it worked out really well, I have been very apprehensive about this meeting during the week.  It all of a sudden seems to be turning a corner so the panic has been starting to set in a little bit particularly last night.  But today seems to have put my mind at ease a little.
At the end of today’s meeting Chris explained that Fiona (CHC Team Leader) would be chairing the meeting on Wednesday where we will go through the Decision Support Tool (DST).  There will then be a decision made at the end of this meeting to decide if my primary need is health.  If this is the case, then the decision would then go for ratification but this is normally a formality.  So it looks like Wednesday will very much be D day.
I was working from home for the rest of the day, which was nice.  As I think due to the relief very much had a slump.  So after logging an episode & checking my emails I had a bit of a rest as we were going out this evening with Matt and some friends to the Wolverhampton Civic Hall to see Ocean Colour Scene.
So after having a bit of early tea, Matt & I picked Warren up en route to Wolverhampton and headed to a pub to meet up with the rest of them.  There was 13 of us altogether so I think it was going to be a good night, it was the Moseley Shoals 10th Anniversary Tour, I have been really looking forward to this since Matt & Layla bought me the tickets back in July for my birthday.
It was a brilliant night, the venue was really intimate, we were up on the balcony so it was a really good view.  It was the first time I have been to the Civic and I really enjoyed it.  Warren drove us home which was really good of him, so he drove the beast for the first time, Matt stayed over in Coleshill as he had to be at the Town Hall early to set up for the quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment