Thursday 15 December 2011

THURSDAY 15TH DECEMBER 2011

Dad had his Cardiologist appointment today, it is the first consultation appointment he has had since his Cardioversion treatment.  He was looking forward to finding out his progress and to ask questions but was also quite apprehensive about it.  When he arrived he was actually seeing the nurse and not the Cardiologist Dr Beattie.  The nurse is called a heart failure nurse, which isn’t the best of titles, Dad spent about an hour with her going through everything.  She explained that Dad will be on some medication for the rest of his life but that she was very pleased with his progress, the heart will take some time to get back to full function but they were pleased with how it was going.  The most important aspect of the hour long appointment from Dad’s point of view was him being told he could start drinking in moderation again, with the Christmas festivities coming up, this was the news he wanted to hear.

I was feeling a bit washed out today after the brilliant day I had experienced yesterday, I heard later in the afternoon that I have been shortlisted for the Production Co-Ordinator pool.  These interviews were meant to be tomorrow but are now going to be in late January, so I have a bit of time to do some work in preparation for it, this is a big opportunity for me and one I need to do myself justice in.  If I was to be successful I think it would make me more inclined to think about the Bristol move.

Hannah who has been helping us out on Countryfile had her interview for the Production Management Assistant Pool today, it was quite strange as she was being interviewed by our Production Manager but she will do well as she is really good at her job.

When we got home it was a quiet night with the remainder of the curry takeaway we had last night, I am staying at Matt & Layla’s after work tomorrow night so I got a few things together in preparation before hitting the sack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment