Saturday 31 December 2011

FRIDAY 30TH DECEMBER 2011

This morning we got up and went off to the fort to do our first bit of sales shoppig, to be honest it was quite difficult as I was in my manual chair so didn’t really feel up for shopping and couldn't find any bargains to be had, but it was a good trip out nonetheless.  Mum was mainly looking at baby clothes with Zoe & Warren’s on the way in the next few days and then of course Layla & Matt’s due at the end of February.

In the afternoon we received a phone call from the garage to say my car would be ready for collection this afternoon, but I think we are going to pick it up in the morning as mum is doing some cooking for New Years eve.  I am not sure whether I mentioned it but it has been in the garage due to a white van driver taking off the driver side wing mirror on the day I finished work before Christmas.  Mum was driving into Coleshill and the road wasn’t wide enough for the two vehicles with parked cars always taking up part of the road, the van didn’t wait and smashed the mirror, so hence why I had to go to the fort in my manual this morning.  It is strange how reliant I have become of my vehicle, we have only had it 6 months but it has been very annoying being without it for these few days.

Mum is cooking some smoked Salmon soufflés, which John had made for starter on Boxing Day and mum is now doing them as the starter on New Years Eve.  They were really nice, so we were all watching them rising in the oven making mum panic.  They are going round to Helen & Jeremy’s and they are each doing a course so mum has also decided to do some soup for those that don’t like seafood.
 
Once they had been made, we had some tea and I then settled down to Liverpool Vs Newcastle, it was a really good game but Uncle Allan had mentioned that my youngest cousin Alex was going to the game, as he is a big Liverpool fan unfortunately.  Matt & Layla were coming back from Cornwall today with some friends from Australia who are visiting England, they are staying at Matt & Layla’s tonight before going on to see some friends for New Year in Norfolk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment