Wednesday 11 January 2012

TUESDAY 10TH JANUARY 2012


I was pretty nervous this morning about my meeting with Manjit & Aileen, there is such a lot to think about with a possible move that I am not sure really where to start.  We also had a meeting with our union yesterday about industrial action and today it was confirmed for a 24 hour strike from 3.30pm on Wednesday 18th January, there was a lot of mixed feeling in terms of the effect the strike action will have but my personal thoughts are that if you believe in the issue then you should be willing to back it up.  

Anyway my meeting took place and it felt a little bit like an interview with not many questions being asked.  I went through the different factors I have to consider when thinking about a move and they seemed very understanding about the additional difficulties with my individual circumstances.  I think they were pleased I am considering a move to Bristol and asked if there was anything they could do to assist me in making my decision.  So I mentioned about the fact it would be great if I could have a trial period, so that if I were to move, if things didn't work out, I would still be able to take redundancy.  So they agreed to speak to HR about it and we would meet again once I had been down to Bristol, I also mentioned the fact I am applying for the presentable scheme, just to clarify that this didn’t have any conflict with the relocation situation, they didn't see a problem with this.

In the evening I met up with a friend Barbie, it was great to catch up with her and we went for something to eat at the Harvester in Coleshill. I was glad we met up not least because she has spent some time in Bristol and is about to go and move in with a friend again down there.  So it was great to fill her in on the situation and bounce a few thoughts off her. It would be great to know someone out of work who I could spend time with down there, if I were to move.  I came away really looking forward to my planned visit, later in the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment