Tuesday 10 January 2012

MONDAY 9TH JANUARY 2012

It was tough getting up this morning, I think the body believes it is still the Christmas holidays, so I was looking forward to the first cup of tea when I got to work.  I am currently completing an application for a scheme the BBC are running to recruit disabled presenters called presentable, I did a taster tape for development at work a couple of years a go, so the editor, Simon Prentice who cut this for us is assisting me in clipping it down to about a minute show real, which is what the application requires.  So at lunchtime I took the tapes down to him and he was going to digitise the original taster tape so we could edit this later in the week.

I was also preparing for my individual consultation meeting I had tomorrow with Manjit & Aileen, it has taken up a lot of my thoughts over the Christmas period as there are certain things I am going to ask for which, would make a possible move easier.  One of the big issues would be some kind of trial period, where by I could try relocating but if parts of the process didn’t work out I would still have the option for redundancy.  This is important as there are so many elements to the move, it only takes one not to work for example the care, for the move to be a lot harder.  So it would just allow me to relax a bit more and give it a real go without worrying that I have put all my eggs into one basket.

When I got home I settled down to watch the FA Cup tie between Arsenal and Leeds.  Uncle Allan & Alex were going as my uncle is a Leeds fan, so it will be interesting to see how the game goes. 

Matt & Layla have their first NCT class tonight, so looking forward to hearing all about it, hopefully they will get to know a few couples in the class who they feel comfortable with.  It is coming round so quickly, Layla is looking really well, it will be an exciting couple of months for the family.  They are steadily getting prepared as time goes on, it is really good that a couple of their friends are also expecting at around the same time, so they can compare notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment