Wednesday 30 November 2011

WEDNESDAY 30TH NOVEMBER 2011

It was quite an eventful day today, with lots going on both work wise and with regard to the meeting tomorrow.  We put the final touches to the schedule as they were leaving the office today for the Countryfile Christmas show.   This was a little different as the JCI & Location parts of the programme are from the same area instead of being separate, so it was good that all the presenters will film together on Friday, which will bring the show to a close.

At lunchtime I headed into the German market with Hilary, which was really nice.  It was my first visit to the market this year so we grabbed some food and had a look round, it was packed as the schools were closed today due to the public sector strike.  The strike was about changes to workers pensions from a final salary to a career average pension.  It involved Council workers, teachers & NHS staff for example.

On my way back to the office I received a phone call back from Ron at Warwickshire Social Services.  He was phoning me to let me know my complaint about the result of my financial assessment had been upheld and he was going to get me re-assessed without my house being included.  This left me speechless and a little overwhelmed.  I didn’t think for one moment he was going to break that news and seemingly he had made and carried out the decision himself.  This left my options for the meeting tomorrow back open again so it was back to the drawing board about how we were going to approach things.

Matt & Layla came round for tea this evening so it was a good chance to talk things through with everyone.  We decided to still approach the meeting tomorrow requesting a fully funded CHC package but to keep the re-assessment and have that as a backup plan if required as this also may be beneficial if I require adaptations to property for example in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment