Monday 14 November 2011

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my blog, my name is Thomas Bowell and I am a 30 year old currently living in the family home with my father Brian and mother Sheila.  I work full time as a Production Management Assistant for the BBC in Birmingham.  I was born with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bones) and was diagnosed with having Crohn's within the last couple of years.  My hobbies include following all sport but particularly Everton Football Club and Warwickshire County Cricket Club.  I also enjoy good food and meeting up with family & friends.

The reason for me starting this blog is to capture highs and lows of the next 12 months as I feel this is going to be an important period both on a personal and professional basis.  I am currently applying for a care package through Warwickshire Social Services and CHC in order to assist mum and dad with my care with the ultimate intention to eventually live independently, but in the current climate these services like many others are dealing with very tight budgets and as such it has been a very long drawn out process. 
Also my job working on Countryfile is moving to Bristol within the year as part of the BBC’s DQF proposals.  So I’ll be looking at whether it wifsll be possible to re-locate, as I would like to do or whether it is just not going to be logistally possible.  This will ultimately depend on the outcome of what care package is ultimately agreed.  Then early in 2012 I am due to be an uncle as Matthew (brother) and Layla (Sister-In-Law) are expecting their first child, so that will be very exciting for the whole family. 
So I hope to update you on all developments hopefully on a daily basis.  The aim of writing this blog is to interest, amuse, entertain and inform its visitors, happy reading.  A last note the
views expressed in this blog are my own and no one else's.

2 comments:

  1. Just read your name on a BBC TV credit for Countryfile here in New Zealand. All my family came from Oxfordshire, I believe. Does that connect with yours?
    Ken Bowell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,

      Good to hear from you and hope you enjoy the show. I had heard about some of our family being from Oxford. What is your email address and i'll be able to email you what I know.

      Thomas Bowell

      Delete