Friday 25 November 2011

FRIDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2011

It was a very productive day working from home, logging music, sending a card to Amy & Nathan as they came home yesterday evening & sorting out the Consent to Lease on my house in Atherstone.  These were all jobs on my to do list which is building day by day, so it was good to be able to tick a couple of things off.
Mum went to her art class this afternoon with a friend Jane, they enjoyed it but I don’t think it was something they would want to go to every week.  They have agreed to go for one more week and then give it up as it is a little to fussy for their tastes.
We had an email from BECTU to say following discussion with the BBC & joint unions today the ballot for strike action has been called off.  The BBC has agreed to extend the deadline for implementation of change in working conditions as outlined in DQF to the end of 2012.
I spoke to Ron at Warwickshire Social Services about a letter I received through the post today regarding the complaint I made over the phone back in August.  This was to do with my experience with Warwickshire Social Services during my care package process over the last 18 months.  It concluded in the letter about the fact I owned a property and this therefore meant I had failed the financial assessment, as you can imagine I had a few queries with this, so I raised them with Ron, he was going to speak to his manager and get back to me, he seemed to understand the points I was making, which was positive.  But it is all so black & white because of policy instead of each assessment being looked at on a case by case basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment