Tuesday 22 November 2011

TUESDAY 22nd NOVEMBER 2011

It was an early start this morning as Sarah (The family GP but also a good friend) was coming to do Dads weekly blood test to measure his warfarin levels before heading off for my 6 monthly appointment at Heartlands Hospital with Dr Chesna (Gastroenterologist).
After Dad’s Cardioversion treatment he is still having to have regular blood tests to check his warfarin levels. But it is good to see him much better in himself in the last week after getting the treatment out of the way and knowing it has been successful.
The appointment at Heartlands Hospital was pretty straight forward, it was worthwhile though as Dr Chesna agreed to compose a letter about my Crohn's to assist me with my application for care.  He mentioned that he would also include information about my respiratory condition.  This was probably going to be the last time I would see Dr Chesna as he is retiring early in the new year, so we wished him well.
The highlight of the day though was definately the birth of Amy & Nathan’s little baby girl, who arrived today by C-Section, Elsie Kathleen weighing in at 6lbs 1oz and I received confirmation from Nathan that both mum and baby are doing well, it will be great to see them once they are settled in at home.  They have been really good friends since senior school and I was also fortunate enough to be best man at their wedding, so it was great news and I am so pleased for them both.
I sent off the letter I was drafting yesterday to CHC today, so we will wait and see what comes of this.  We wanted to get this process up & running before the meeting with CHC and Warwickshire Social Services on the 1st December, it is good to know that we have things in motion with both sides so decisions will start needing to be made about what path we want to pursue.
After quite a tiring day it was good to get home and relax in front of the Champions league football on the television.  It was Napoli Vs Manchester City, it was a very entertaining game in which Napoli ended up winning to make it pretty difficult for City to quality from their group.

No comments:

Post a Comment