Monday 14 November 2011

MONDAY 14TH NOVEMBER 2011

Its been a really positive day today thanks to the help of Layla who has been doing some ringing round for me to try and move my care package application forward.   Fiona Rickards CHC Team Leader had asked for this meeting to discuss the joint package they have agreed to so far and to find out how the other half is going to be funded.  At present due to me failing the Social Services financial assessment I am 'full cost' which means funding this myself.

I have currently got a complaint in with Warwickshire Social Services about the outcome of my financial assessment which Layla has also chased up for me. They have intimated to Layla that I should receive correspondence on this by the end of this week, so we will wait and see.

At lunchtime as a member of BECTU I attended a joint union meeting about the general DQF proposals and the Save BBC Birmingham campaign.  At the moment the unions believe the two issues are separate, they are currently balloting member for strike action on the general DQF proposals.  They were saying yesterday they will ballot Birmingham Factual Television & Radio staff separately about the Save BBC Birmingham campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment